Jason Byrne is the author of the book Guide to Webcams, originally published by Prompt Publishing in August 2000. Prior to writing the book, Byrne was a reviewer and Technical Director of Government Computer News, a trade publication focusing on IT use in federal, state, and local government. His writings have also appeared in The Washington Post and he has been a guest on a number of programs including The Diane Rehm Show on NPR.
Byrne continues to write, though his focus most recently has been on W3C standard compliant Web design. He has also expanded into graphic design, creating the logos and graphic designs for companies and political campaigns. Currently, he works for the American Registry for Internet Numbers(ARIN), and is married with two children.
- Byrne, Jason and Breeden, John. Guide to Webcams (2000). ISBN 0-7906-1220-8
- Examples of Articles from GovernmentComputer News
- “Visio 2000 tools are right in step with Office 2000”, published January 24, 2000
- “Act 2000 groups and organizes contacts efficiently”, published December 13, 1999
- “Make the workgroup switch connection”, published May 3, 1999
- “Can directories keep NOSes in sync?”, published May 8, 1999